Who doesn't love fresh flowers, and
why should you wait around for an occasion to gift yourself flowers!
Here I was thinking those exact lines again and again, and then it struck me, why shouldn't I go ahead and buy an armload of flowers for myself?
So, I went around looking for the freshest blooms in grocery stores, farmer's markets, and brick and mortar stores. Every week I got new flowers, arranged them myself, and placed them in a vase on my dining table. Now, the flowers were beautiful, but they all looked the same, every bunch I bought that week sat the same way in my vase and left me wanting a bit more. So, off I went again, and this time around, I started buying bunches of 3 from the grocery store (just because it was so close to where I live). I bought a bunch of lilies, then added foliage, and then bought a bunch of garden roses too to complete the look. It cost me an arm and a leg! Okay, this wasn't going to work if I was planning to replace the bunch every week.
My brain cells started to flicker - what if all the three individual bunches were shipped to me on the weekly? And, all I had to do was enjoy my 15 minutes of peace and just be present in the moment with my fragrant blooms. And that's how ladies and gentleman hand-tied came to life!
There a few things I discovered when I arranged flowers for myself every Thursday:
- Firstly, I don't need to wait around for someone to buy me flowers, I just always had them around me.
- They brought life and vitality to my face and space.
- This oldest art of flower arranging is a highly effective meditative process.
- My creative cells just kept multiplying.
- It took me way from my mindless Instagram scrolling in the mornings.